Discussion:
Label rendering error on "looping" streets
(too old to reply)
filippo di natale
2009-11-12 09:05:08 UTC
Permalink
Hi there,
I have a postgis source with cartography around this place:

http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=it&q=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&sll=41.442726,12.392578&sspn=16.195194,28.256836&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=Fah5tQIdcK6DAA&split=0&hq=&hnear=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&z=16

You can see that "Cavalcavia porta Milano" has a "looping" shape - geoserver prints this error, producing the map without the label on that particular street:

Issues painting CAVALCAVIA DI PORTA MILANO
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMergeGraph.addEdge(Lin
eMergeGraph.java:64)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:94)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.access$000(Line
Merger.java:61)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger$1.filter(LineMe
rger.java:85)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString.apply(LineString.java:266)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:82)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:70)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.mergeLines(LabelCacheImpl.
java:1446)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.getLineSetRepresentativeLo
cation(LabelCacheImpl.java:1175)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLineLabels(LabelCache
Impl.java:671)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLabels(LabelCacheImpl
.java:563)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.end(LabelCacheImpl.java:50
1)
at org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
.java:1436)
at org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
.java:269)
<CUT>


Thanks for your attention,

Filippo Di Natale

Milano, Italy



_________________________________________________________________
Carica e scarica in un clic. Fino a 25 GB su SkyDrive
http://www.windowslive.it/skyDrive.aspx
Fernando Quadro
2009-11-17 22:55:44 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

We are building a project that will be used with and without spatial database. Then we are using GML and SLD to dynamic layers.

But, We want generate the legends from the SLD and GML files to dynamically generate and we are having difficulty . How we can build these Legends? Is possible?

How these layers are not in GeoServer, how to?


Best Regards,
_________________________________________
Fernando Quadro
Lead of Brazillian GeoServer Community
Site: http://www.fernandoquadro.com.br
Skype: fernando.quadro




From: ***@hotmail.it
To: geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:05:08 +0000
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Label rendering error on "looping" streets








Hi there,
I have a postgis source with cartography around this place:

http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=it&q=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&sll=41.442726,12.392578&sspn=16.195194,28.256836&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=Fah5tQIdcK6DAA&split=0&hq=&hnear=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&z=16

You can see that "Cavalcavia porta Milano" has a "looping" shape - geoserver prints this error, producing the map without the label on that particular street:

Issues painting CAVALCAVIA DI PORTA MILANO
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMergeGraph.addEdge(Lin
eMergeGraph.java:64)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:94)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.access$000(Line
Merger.java:61)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger$1.filter(LineMe
rger.java:85)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString.apply(LineString.java:266)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:82)
at com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
java:70)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.mergeLines(LabelCacheImpl.
java:1446)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.getLineSetRepresentativeLo
cation(LabelCacheImpl.java:1175)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLineLabels(LabelCache
Impl.java:671)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLabels(LabelCacheImpl
.java:563)
at org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.end(LabelCacheImpl.java:50
1)
at org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
.java:1436)
at org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
.java:269)
<CUT>


Thanks for your attention,

Filippo Di Natale

Milano, Italy



Personalizza il tuo spazio online: ritagliati il tuo Spaces
_________________________________________________________________
Agora a pressa é amiga da perfeição. Chegou o Windows 7. Conheça!
http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/windows7/default.html?WT.mc_id=1539
Andrea Aime
2009-11-18 08:27:39 UTC
Permalink
Fernando Quadro ha scritto:
> Hi,

Fernando,
please start a brand new mail when posting on the list about a new
topic instead of replying to an existing thread with an out of
topic mail.

> We are building a project that will be used with and without spatial
> database. Then we are using GML and SLD to dynamic layers.
>
> But, We want generate the legends from the SLD and GML files to
> dynamically generate and we are having difficulty . How we can build
> these Legends? Is possible?

The legend code in GeoServer has never been really tested out in those
conditions, I would not be surprised if it's not working properly.
To make it work I guess you need some developer to look into it.
Do you have anyone that can help in that respect?

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers.
jberti
2009-11-18 01:07:00 UTC
Permalink
Hi Filippo,

I ran into the same error a while back and checked into it a bit, but since
it's just a minor bug and it doesn't seem fatal I pushed it further down my
priority list for a while.
http://old.nabble.com/Issues-painting-Trail-java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException%3A-1-ts26104245.html
is the link to the problem I had and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2633 is the link to the related
GeoTools bug I found while searching for some information on this error
message.
I'm still not sure if its exactly the same issue thats causing it, but in
either case it has to do with a merge of lines causing this error to show
up.
I'll try to investigate it a bit further when I got time, but maybe someone
has already a clue as to where to look.

Julian



filippo di natale wrote:
>
>
> Hi there,
> I have a postgis source with cartography around this place:
>
> http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=it&q=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&sll=41.442726,12.392578&sspn=16.195194,28.256836&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=Fah5tQIdcK6DAA&split=0&hq=&hnear=Cavalcavia+Porta+Milano,+28100+Novara,+Piemonte&z=16
>
> You can see that "Cavalcavia porta Milano" has a "looping" shape -
> geoserver prints this error, producing the map without the label on that
> particular street:
>
> Issues painting CAVALCAVIA DI PORTA MILANO
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMergeGraph.addEdge(Lin
> eMergeGraph.java:64)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
> java:94)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.access$000(Line
> Merger.java:61)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger$1.filter(LineMe
> rger.java:85)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString.apply(LineString.java:266)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
> java:82)
> at
> com.vividsolutions.jts.operation.linemerge.LineMerger.add(LineMerger.
> java:70)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.mergeLines(LabelCacheImpl.
> java:1446)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.getLineSetRepresentativeLo
> cation(LabelCacheImpl.java:1175)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLineLabels(LabelCache
> Impl.java:671)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.paintLabels(LabelCacheImpl
> .java:563)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.label.LabelCacheImpl.end(LabelCacheImpl.java:50
> 1)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
> .java:1436)
> at
> org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint(ShapefileRenderer
> .java:269)
> <CUT>
>
>
> Thanks for your attention,
>
> Filippo Di Natale
>
> Milano, Italy
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Carica e scarica in un clic. Fino a 25 GB su SkyDrive
> http://www.windowslive.it/skyDrive.aspx
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
> 30-Day
> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus
> on
> what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
> Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
> _______________________________________________
> Geoserver-users mailing list
> Geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Label-rendering-error-on-%22looping%22-streets-tp26394419p26400100.html
Sent from the GeoServer - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Andrea Aime
2009-11-18 08:24:58 UTC
Permalink
jberti ha scritto:
> Hi Filippo,
>
> I ran into the same error a while back and checked into it a bit, but since
> it's just a minor bug and it doesn't seem fatal I pushed it further down my
> priority list for a while.
> http://old.nabble.com/Issues-painting-Trail-java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException%3A-1-ts26104245.html
> is the link to the problem I had and
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2633 is the link to the related
> GeoTools bug I found while searching for some information on this error
> message.
> I'm still not sure if its exactly the same issue thats causing it, but in
> either case it has to do with a merge of lines causing this error to show
> up.
> I'll try to investigate it a bit further when I got time, but maybe someone
> has already a clue as to where to look.

I need data, style and request to reproduce the issue.
Before that I cannot do anything about it.

Please attach a reproducable test case (data+style+request) to that
jira and I'll have a look at it when I have some spare time.
Without anything to analyze I just won't be able to work on it.

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers.
Andrea Aime
2009-11-21 18:41:54 UTC
Permalink
Andrea Aime ha scritto:
> jberti ha scritto:
>> Hi Filippo,
>>
>> I ran into the same error a while back and checked into it a bit, but since
>> it's just a minor bug and it doesn't seem fatal I pushed it further down my
>> priority list for a while.
>> http://old.nabble.com/Issues-painting-Trail-java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException%3A-1-ts26104245.html
>> is the link to the problem I had and
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2633 is the link to the related
>> GeoTools bug I found while searching for some information on this error
>> message.
>> I'm still not sure if its exactly the same issue thats causing it, but in
>> either case it has to do with a merge of lines causing this error to show
>> up.
>> I'll try to investigate it a bit further when I got time, but maybe someone
>> has already a clue as to where to look.
>
> I need data, style and request to reproduce the issue.
> Before that I cannot do anything about it.
>
> Please attach a reproducable test case (data+style+request) to that
> jira and I'll have a look at it when I have some spare time.
> Without anything to analyze I just won't be able to work on it.

Recently I've stumbled on a dataset that generated an issue that might
be related to this one (or be the same, thought it showed up in a
different way, cause I was using no labelling).

Can either of you try out a nightly build of GeoServer 2.0
starting from Nov 22 one (not today's, the patch is not into that one)
that can will be available from
http://gridlock.openplans.org/geoserver/2.0.x/
and see if the problem is still there?

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers.
jberti
2009-11-23 19:11:54 UTC
Permalink
Hi Andrea,

I just tried the latest nightly today (23rd of November) and I still get the
same errors.

Julian


Andrea Aime-4 wrote:
>
> Andrea Aime ha scritto:
>> jberti ha scritto:
>>> Hi Filippo,
>>>
>>> I ran into the same error a while back and checked into it a bit, but
>>> since
>>> it's just a minor bug and it doesn't seem fatal I pushed it further down
>>> my
>>> priority list for a while.
>>> http://old.nabble.com/Issues-painting-Trail-java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException%3A-1-ts26104245.html
>>> is the link to the problem I had and
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2633 is the link to the related
>>> GeoTools bug I found while searching for some information on this error
>>> message.
>>> I'm still not sure if its exactly the same issue thats causing it, but
>>> in
>>> either case it has to do with a merge of lines causing this error to
>>> show
>>> up.
>>> I'll try to investigate it a bit further when I got time, but maybe
>>> someone
>>> has already a clue as to where to look.
>>
>> I need data, style and request to reproduce the issue.
>> Before that I cannot do anything about it.
>>
>> Please attach a reproducable test case (data+style+request) to that
>> jira and I'll have a look at it when I have some spare time.
>> Without anything to analyze I just won't be able to work on it.
>
> Recently I've stumbled on a dataset that generated an issue that might
> be related to this one (or be the same, thought it showed up in a
> different way, cause I was using no labelling).
>
> Can either of you try out a nightly build of GeoServer 2.0
> starting from Nov 22 one (not today's, the patch is not into that one)
> that can will be available from
> http://gridlock.openplans.org/geoserver/2.0.x/
> and see if the problem is still there?
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>
> --
> Andrea Aime
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
> Expert service straight from the developers.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
> 30-Day
> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus
> on
> what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
> Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
> _______________________________________________
> Geoserver-users mailing list
> Geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Label-rendering-error-on-%22looping%22-streets-tp26394419p26484123.html
Sent from the GeoServer - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Andrea Aime
2009-11-23 20:13:20 UTC
Permalink
jberti ha scritto:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I just tried the latest nightly today (23rd of November) and I still get the
> same errors.

Sigh... not sure anyone sent me data to reproduce? Busy week... if
anyone did, can he/she also send me a reminder?

I'm short on time, without a ready to use setup I won't fix it for sure
(no time to hunt it down creating data by hand)

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers.
Andrea Aime
2009-12-02 20:56:11 UTC
Permalink
Andrea Aime ha scritto:
> jberti ha scritto:
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> I just tried the latest nightly today (23rd of November) and I still get the
>> same errors.
>
> Sigh... not sure anyone sent me data to reproduce? Busy week... if
> anyone did, can he/she also send me a reminder?
>
> I'm short on time, without a ready to use setup I won't fix it for sure
> (no time to hunt it down creating data by hand)

Hi guys,
short mail to tell you I think I found and fixed the problem (thanks to
the data sample provided by Julian). If you want to double check try
out tomorrow's, Dec 3 nightly build from
http://gridlock.openplans.org/geoserver/2.0.x

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers.
filippo di natale
2009-12-03 22:23:16 UTC
Permalink
Wow, thanks guys for the quick response!
I really did not expect such quick reaction, I've just posted the bug in the hope to be useful to developers, sure I would not expect so much attention :)
I will try this build tomorrow, anyway the problem is mitigated by using java worldwind as a WMS client thanks to the local caching functionality.
With openmap, unfortunately, every time I requested that part of the map, it took a lot of time to regenerate the png image, I don't know why as I have activated image caching on geoserver.
Thank you one more time!

Filippo

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:56:11 +0100
> From: ***@opengeo.org
> To: ***@bertmaring.com
> CC: geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net; ***@hotmail.it
> Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Label rendering error on "looping" streets
>
> Andrea Aime ha scritto:
> > jberti ha scritto:
> >> Hi Andrea,
> >>
> >> I just tried the latest nightly today (23rd of November) and I still get the
> >> same errors.
> >
> > Sigh... not sure anyone sent me data to reproduce? Busy week... if
> > anyone did, can he/she also send me a reminder?
> >
> > I'm short on time, without a ready to use setup I won't fix it for sure
> > (no time to hunt it down creating data by hand)
>
> Hi guys,
> short mail to tell you I think I found and fixed the problem (thanks to
> the data sample provided by Julian). If you want to double check try
> out tomorrow's, Dec 3 nightly build from
> http://gridlock.openplans.org/geoserver/2.0.x
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>
> --
> Andrea Aime
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
> Expert service straight from the developers.

_________________________________________________________________
Scopri tuttele novità di Internet Explorer 8
http://www.microsoft.com/italy/windows/internet-explorer/msn.aspx
David Winslow
2009-12-07 04:01:12 UTC
Permalink
The 'caching' option in the web admin only sets some HTTP headers which
instruct web browsers to cache tiles. GeoServer's WMS does not do any
caching. However, there is an alternative endpoint at
/geoserver/gwc/service/wms/ which provides cached tile access, using an
embedded instance of GeoWebCache.

Hope this helps,
--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

On 12/03/2009 05:23 PM, filippo di natale wrote:
> Wow, thanks guys for the quick response!
> I really did not expect such quick reaction, I've just posted the bug
> in the hope to be useful to developers, sure I would not expect so
> much attention :)
> I will try this build tomorrow, anyway the problem is mitigated by
> using java worldwind as a WMS client thanks to the local caching
> functionality.
> With openmap, unfortunately, every time I requested that part of the
> map, it took a lot of time to regenerate the png image, I don't know
> why as I have activated image caching on geoserver.
> Thank you one more time!
>
> Filippo
>
> > Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:56:11 +0100
> > From: ***@opengeo.org
> > To: ***@bertmaring.com
> > CC: geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net; ***@hotmail.it
> > Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Label rendering error on "looping"
> streets
> >
> > Andrea Aime ha scritto:
> > > jberti ha scritto:
> > >> Hi Andrea,
> > >>
> > >> I just tried the latest nightly today (23rd of November) and I
> still get the
> > >> same errors.
> > >
> > > Sigh... not sure anyone sent me data to reproduce? Busy week... if
> > > anyone did, can he/she also send me a reminder?
> > >
> > > I'm short on time, without a ready to use setup I won't fix it for
> sure
> > > (no time to hunt it down creating data by hand)
> >
> > Hi guys,
> > short mail to tell you I think I found and fixed the problem (thanks to
> > the data sample provided by Julian). If you want to double check try
> > out tomorrow's, Dec 3 nightly build from
> > http://gridlock.openplans.org/geoserver/2.0.x
> >
> > Cheers
> > Andrea
> >
> > --
> > Andrea Aime
> > OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
> > Expert service straight from the developers.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Facile, veloce, sicuro: Prova Hotmail da Internet Explorer 8
> <http://www.microsoft.com/italy/windows/internet-explorer/msn.aspx>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Join us December 9, 2009 for the Red Hat Virtual Experience,
> a free event focused on virtualization and cloud computing.
> Attend in-depth sessions from your desk. Your couch. Anywhere.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Geoserver-users mailing list
> Geoserver-***@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users
>
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...